Education Embassy Logo

Which visa is to choose from the Partner Visa or Prospective Marriage Visa?

Which visa is to choose from the Partner Visa or Prospective Marriage Visa?

Millions of people want to go to Australia to meet their partners, however, they don’t know how to lodge an application. They also don’t know which visa type is beneficial for them to go to Australia. In this case, you need to get help from the Migration agents in Brisbane, as they will guide you on which visa type is valuable to you.

There are two types of visas available to sponsor your partner to Australia. These are:

Prospective Marriage visa

This type of Marriage visa enables your partner (who have Australian citizenship or permanent residency) sponsors you to come to Australia for marriage purpose. In addition to this, this prospective visa subclass 300 is valid for at least 9 months and you have to marry your fiance within the time period. Only after marriage, you will be able to apply for a Provisional or Permanent Partner visa (Subclass 820).

To apply under subclass 300, you need to stay outside Australia until the decision is made. However, you can simply travel to Australia on a tourist Visa or another kind of visa class to meet your partner while the Prospective Marriage visa is being processed.

Provisional Partner visa and Permanent Partner visa

The Provisional Partner visa enables you to live in Australia with your partner after marrying him/her. This visa also allows the same-sex partner to migrate to Australia and live with his partner. In addition to this, this provisional partner visa gives you full work rights and also has access to the health systems of Australia. This visa allows you to live and work in Australia for at least 2 years. Only after then you will be able to apply for a permanent partner visa. Or you have to prove that you are in a De facto relationship from the past 12 months, and you also have to show the electricity and water bills. These bills make your application too strong because it shows that you are living together in a single house.

Legal Requirements for a partner visa

Here are certain requirements that you have to fulfill to get the partner visa. These are:

  • First of all, you have to prove that you are in a de facto relationship and your relationship is genuine.

  • You have to prove that you are living together and going to be married within the visa time period.

  • But if you are already married to your fiance, then you have to show the marriage certificate so that you can improve the chances of getting Permanent residency in Australia.

  • You have to meet the health and character requirements that are settled by Australian immigration and The Department of Home Affairs and Border Protection.

So, these are the requirements of this partner visa, only after fulfilling these requirements, you will be able to lodge an application and these will make your case or application too strong. 

Proving a de facto relationship

As we stated above, to meet the requirements of this visa class, you need to prove your relationship is genuine and you have to prove that you are residing with your partner under one roof for at least one year. There are certain other things that you need to show include-:

  • You are living together under one roof and you do not have any other relationship with another girl or boys.

  • You have to show your rent and bills such as electricity or water bill.

  • You need to prove that you are sharing a house or flat with your partner and you must show the papers of that house or rental agreement as well. So, make sure you fulfill all the requirements of this visa before applying.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Request a call back