Student visa extension is required to be done if your visa is getting expired before completion of the course. There are many reasons for the visa extension due including reduced study load, course deferment, and failed subjects, enrolling for a new subject, or more research application period.
What Are Required To Extend My Student Visa?
- Confirmation Of Enrolment
- Required English Language
- Health Evidence OSHC (Overseas Student Health Cover)
- Medical Examination
- Required Financial Status
Extend Your Student Visas In Australia
To continue your study in Australia, you will have to go through the visa application process. You are required to start the process 3-4 months before your visa expires. For applicants applying within Australia, they will be granted Bridging Visa A (BVA) and after this, you are allowed to live in Australia lawfully when your visa is processed and will effect even after the current student visa expires. But, applicants outside Australia have to wait till the time their visa application is approved before re-entering Australia.
Required Documentation For Student Visa Extension
- Birth Certificate
- Personal Documents
- Passport Identity Page
- National Identity Card
- Records from household registration
- Policy Number Of OSHC
- HAP ID number
- Proofs For Financial Status
- Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) codes
- A CV ( Issued by local authorities)
Health Examinations and OSHC
This is the utmost document and better says evidence when you are applying for the study visa extension or new student application in Australia. The government of Australia focuses on the health of everyone residing in the country whether their citizens or they are visitors. If your health insurance is about to expire, then make sure you renew that before applying for the visa.
Make sure you get done with the necessary health checkups recently. You can also use the health declaration to check which health examinations need to be done by you before applying. You will also find some approved doctor’s panels and clinics that will offer you HAP IP and referral letters in Australia. With this approval letter, doctors will get to know the immigration perspective and they get done the health assessment accordingly.
This is based on your visa category and country assessment, you need to submit the proofs to continue your study in Australia to show your financial status including:
- Annual Income Evidence – If you want to enroll in a long or short course for a study program, then have to declare the annual income with proof required for granting of student visas like your sponsor, parent, spouse’s income, or your income which should be from AUD 60,000.
- Yearly Months Fund – This option is for the applicants who want an extra year or more of study. For this purpose, the evidence for funds is required to submit to ensure your stay, tuition fees, and your daily expenses for at least 12 months in Australia. You need to also submit your travel schedule for the flight back home approx $1000-$2000, for living expenses approx AUD 20,000- AUD 21,000 along with tuition fees for at least 12 months.