There are several types of visas are available for those who want to bring their parents to Australia. Migration Agents in Brisbane are specialized in Parent and Family migration. Whether you are inside or outside Australia they can help you in a wide range of family migration visa which includes Contributory Parent visa, Aged Parent and Parent visa.
Parent category visasYou can qualify for a parent visa category if:
- Your child is an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or holding an Australian PR.
- Before you apply your visa application, your child has been residing in Australia lawfully for at least 2 years.
- If your child sponsors you.
- You should satisfy all the criteria of the Balance of family test.
- You should meet the requirements of health and character.
By carrying a parent category visa how long do I stay in Australia?A parent category visa permits you to:
- As a temporary resident, you should stay in Australia for up to 2 years.
- As a permanent resident, you should stay in Australia on a permanent basis.
SponsorsTo live in Australia as a temporary or permanent resident, it is important that you must hold a sponsor to apply for a parent category visa. The person who sponsors you should be :
- An Australian citizen, an eligible New Zealand citizen or holding an Australian PR.
- 18 years or over
- Should reside in Australia for at least 2 years as per law.
Balance of family testThe applicants who are lodging application for a parent visa must fulfill the criteria of the balance of family test. The criteria of the balance of family test are designed to find out the extent of your Australian link. You can eligible for this balance of family test if:
- at least half of your children reside in Australia permanently or
- more of your children reside in Australia permanently than in any other nation.
DOCUMENTS REQUIREMENT FOR PARENT VISA:-Department of Home Affairs suggested some of the steps which the applicant have to follow to lodge your application effectively and easily. Before applying for the visa, an applicant has to appear for health examinations.
- You must approach the migration agent to fill out the application form.
- For the visa application, you must prepare the certified documents those can be:-
- Marriage certificate
- Health certificate
- Police certificates
- Bank statements
- Sponsor’s letter of invitation