Introduction You must meet the eligibility requirements to get Australian citizenship. Before lodging the visa application it is important to understand the eligibility criteria for Australian citizenship. If you are planning to apply for the visa then make sure to get in touch with our migration agents in Brisbane. What is the reason Non-Australian apply to live in Australia?
- There are different reasons people choose to migrate to Australia. Sometimes it is just about changing the environment and meeting new people. The good thing is that the government allows people from other countries to get in with the Australian community through different visa types.
- You can even come to Australia as a student, business owner, or employee and each of them has a different visa category. For these visa types, each partner needs to lodge a separate partner visa application. You need to make sure to check the eligibility and follow all the necessary steps to complete the application process.
Australian Citizenship Requirements
- Eligible New Zealand or Permanent residents or citizens for the past 12 months.
- Both partners should have Australian permanent resident status for 4 years and must have lived in Australia for around 4 years.
- You should not be away from Australia for more than 12 months in the last 4 years. This also includes not more than 90 days in one year.
- Both the partners need to satisfy the character requirements.
- Both current and past criminal convictions.
- Any incident of reported domestic violence.
- Your relation with concerned people.
- Any court obligation you may be having in Australia or overseas.
- Whether you have been honest in dealing with the Australian community. This means you should not provide false or misleading information regarding the visa or your application for permanent residency.