Education Embassy Logo

What Are The Visa Options Available For Partners And Families In Australia?

What Are The Visa Options Available For Partners And Families In Australia?

Education Embassy Brisbane: There are millions of people who are migrating to Australia, but several are still unable to get a visa. This only happens due to a lack of proper knowledge about visa options as well as the visa process. That’s why we recommend people to hire migration agents in Brisbane because they have a valid qualification.

Let’s have a look at every possible option for families and partner visa.

Dependent family members on a student visa

If you are planning to apply under the student visa category, then you will be able to bring a close family member with you. But this visa option is designed for below-mentioned categories-:

  • If you are applying after marriage then your spouse can apply under this category.

  • If a child is below 18, then he can bring parents with him for better take care.

But, the work rights are too different for a dependent partner, or according to the student’s course.

Traveling with school-age children

If you are going to bring your children with you on a student visa, then you have to pay their school fees in any Australian room. Additionally, school fees vary according to state, territory, or children’s age as well. But, the expected fees ranging from A$ 5,600 to A$ 18,600 per year according to location and number of children.

Other important information, you can get from official websites of the Department of Education of the state or area where you decide to live in.

Some names are:

  • Western Australia: TAFE International Western Australia.
  • Australian Capital Territory’s Education and Training department
  • Victoria-: Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
  • South Australia: South Australian Government Schools
  • Queensland: Education Queensland International – Department of Education, Training, and Employment
  • Tasmania: Department of Education
  • New South Wales: Department of Education

Traveling with children over the age of 18 or other family members

For Australia, children over the age of 18 are no longer classified as dependents unless they have been for continuous education. So, your child has to apply under a different category or student visa to enter any Australian college or university.

Families traveling with a Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (Subclass 482)

When you migrating to Australia under a sponsored Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (subclass 482) and bring your kids, they will NOT be required to apply for their own student visas.

However, they will enter any Australian college or university as an international student and therefore you will have to pay the international fee rate for every child studying. But you have to keep in mind that they are not eligible for any Australian student loan schemes.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Request a call back