The Australian citizenship test or Point Test for Permanent Residency is easy if you prepare yourself well for it. Migration Agents in Brisbane have specified the following guidelines are given for cracking the exam-
- The interview is held first, and then the written test takes place.
- The test is for the applicants who are between the age of 18 and 59.
- You may have an interview even if you are not required to sit for the test.
- Applicants below 18 and above 60 are also required to appear for an interview.
- The people who are required to appear for the interview will be sent an appointment letter.
Written testThe applicants will be checked for the following documents when they appear for the test –
- original documents
- Identity proof
- Confirm your identity
- Check your original documents
- Ascertain your basic knowledge of English
- Take an idea of your understanding of the concept of Australian citizenship
- Assess your understanding of the responsibilities and privileges you will enjoy with Australian citizenship
If you are an Applicant aged 60 years old and overIf you get an invitation for an interview, we will Confirm your identity followed by checking your original documents. We will also assess the following- Whether you understand the meaning of Australian citizenship Whether you understand the responsibilities and privileges associated with Australian citizenship
Things to bring to the interviewYou will be required to bring the original documents of all the documents the copies of which you submitted with your application. You will also be required to bring all your original identity documents, and other documents we have specified you to bring. In case you don’t get the complete set of documents, we will have to change the interview date. Certified copies will not be accepted.
- The test is to be passed to prove that you possess the following skills and understanding –
- Fundamental knowledge of the English language
- Meaning of becoming an Australian citizen
- Responsibilities and privileges which come with the Australian citizenship
Who can bypass the test?The following people can bypass the test –
- People under 18 years old at the time of application
- People at or over 60 at the time of application
- People born to ex- Australian citizen who lost Australian citizenship after they became citizens of another country when they achieved adulthood