Australian immigration minister ordered the Department of Home Affairs to speed up the visa applications in a way to fulfill the shortage of skilled workers. Australia is recently dealing with a skilled worker shortage due to a backlog of visa applications as the effect of COVID -19 precautions. The visa norms were eased and the restrictions were uplifted recently.
The new Government’s minister for Citizenship, immigration, multicultural affairs, and migration services said that Australia is currently dealing hard with the shortage of skilled workers. To ease the condition home affairs is trying to enhance the process of visa applications. Currently, the priority is to be left with no backlog of applications and to solve them on time.
Australian Skilled Migration Program
All About Visa Subclass 476
Eligibility Criteria Visa Subclass 476
- The age of the student must be under 31 years.
- Candidates must have got their engineering degree from the special educational institutes and done recently, positively in 2 years.
- The student must not have held a primary visa 476 or subclass 485.
Engineering Qualifications For The Special Educational Institute
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree
- Doctoral Degree
- Postgraduate Diploma
These degrees must be obtained from the listed engineering streams including:
- Structural engineering
- Civil engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Mechanical, production, and plant engineering
- Environmental engineering
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Mining and material engineering