Immigration SA is introducing some changes to its general skilled migration nomination policies for international students who have been residing in SA for the long term. Immigration SA is offering greater opportunity for a nomination, with graduates of South Australia’s educational institutions benefiting the most.
- Rewarding international students that have been long-term residents of South Australia
- Expansion of the high performing graduate category for South Australian graduates
- Removal of the minimum bachelor’s degree requirement under the Chain Migration category
- Is a current or former international student residing in South Australia; AND
- Has resided continually in South Australia since March 2012 or earlier and continues to reside in South Australia; AND
- Is currently: – working in South Australia in any occupation (does not have to be at a skilled level) for at least the last 3 months (minimum of 40 hours per fortnight); OR – studying a course with a minimum duration of one academic year in South Australia.