Remaining Relative visa (subclass 115) Visa 2019: in Brisbane Remaining Relative visa (subclass 115) is a visa which allows a person who lives outside Australia to live permanently in Australia if his only near relatives live in Australia. According to the migration agency in Brisbane, the visa has certain conditions attached to it. VISA Consultant in Brisbane will divulge the details related to it.
EligibilityYou or your partner’s relatives must be the only near relatives you have. There must be somebody who can provide assured support
Length of stayYou can stay there permanently.
CostThe cost starts from AUD 6,415
Who are the ideal candidates for getting this visa?You might be eligible for this visa if:
- your (or your partner’s) only near relatives live in Australia
- an eligible near relative or their partner is willing to sponsor you and all your family members (if included in your application)
- you have someone willing to provide an assured support
- You and your family members conform to the health and character requirements.
What is the definition of your near relative?The near relatives include your partner’s parent (could be biological or step-parent), siblings (brother, sister), stepbrother or stepsister; child (including stepchild) is above 18 and independent or child (including stepchild) who is below 18 and is not in your or your partner’s care and control.
Who can sponsor you?You can be sponsored by your parents, siblings (brother or sister), stepbrother or stepsister or one of their partners. Sponsorship means that they agree to support, accommodate and offer financial assistance for the first two years of your stay in Australia. This agreement includes the family members which have been included as applicants in your application. The eligibility criteria of your sponsor are:
- Age above 18 years and
- Must be settled in Australia or
- Must be an Australian citizen or
- Must be an Australian permanent resident or
- Must be an eligible New Zealand citizen.
- You or your partner has near relatives, who usually live outside Australia, or are living in Australia temporarily, on a Bridging visa or illegally.
- Your sponsor (or their partner) are currently or in the past sponsored someone else for a Remaining Relative visa (subclass 835 or subclass 115), Preferential Family visa (subclass 104) or Family visa (subclass 806).