What is Expression Of Interest (EOI)?Expression of Interest is point-test which helps in telling why you are migrating to Australia if you apply any of these visas:
- Business Talent visa (Subclass 132)
- Business Innovation Visa and Investment visa (Provisional) (subclass 188)
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa (subclass 187)
- Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186)
- Skilled Regional visa (Provisional) (Subclass 489)
- Skilled Nominated visa (Subclass 190)
- Skilled Independent visa (Subclass 189)
What is referred to as an Invitation?The invitation is permission which the Home Affairs Department gives to the applicant for the visa application they lodged under the Australian Skilled Migration program.
How much time is needed to have an invitation?Certain factors will determine the processing time like at a specific time application received type of occupation, skill shortage level, point score, and other things. Also, after getting the invitation the petition should be submitted in 60 days otherwise EOI is taken away from the data bank.
What is the point test?Point test helps in choosing the applicants with the required skills and attributes. The total points depend on the visa the applicant has applied for. Points are given on the following basis:
- English Language proficiency
- Work experience
What is meant by nomination?The nomination shows the following things:
- Occupation is relevant to the position which needs to be filled
- work location
- Position Skills and experience
- Salary in the market
Explain SkillSelect and its working?SkillSelect is the online system that the Australian government introduces and it is for the skilled migration visa. The applicants who submit the information are either invited or nominated by the state/territory government or Australian employer to get the visa.
Is it possible to submit EOI without clearing the Skill Assessment?No, the evidence is needed for the skill assessment and English proficiency before EOI is submitted.
How can I get my EOI updated?Updated EOI can be updated in certain situations:
- Getting visa category changed
- Occupation or family composition is changed
- Higher points are scored
- Points are reduced