Many international students especially from India apply for higher education in a foreign country with the hope of obtaining permanent residency. International students who achieve permanent residence (PR) status after studying abroad are granted the right to live abroad. In Australia, there are certain PR courses; however, not all courses will result in this outcome. To assist you in your research on the best courses for PR in Australia, we have compiled a list of some recommended options for 2023. The Australian government has recently announced an increase in its annual intake of permanent immigrants by 35,000, bringing it to 195,000 individuals. This indicates that there are ample opportunities available for those pursuing PR through their education. By choosing the right course and focusing on meeting the necessary requirements, you can greatly enhance your chances of obtaining PR status in Australia.
Why Study in Australia?
Australia is an ideal destination for students seeking quality education and diverse cultural experiences. With its renowned education system, it offers a wide range of courses that cater to various interests and career paths. The country’s Permanent Residency (PR) list highlights the opportunities available to international students upon graduation, as many courses in Australia align with the skills required for PR eligibility. From engineering and computer science to healthcare and business management, Australian universities provide comprehensive programs taught by expert faculty members who are leaders in their fields. Furthermore, studying in Australia allows students to immerse themselves in a vibrant multicultural society while enjoying world-class facilities and resources at esteemed institutions. By choosing to study here, individuals can gain not only valuable academic knowledge but also practical skills that prepare them for successful careers globally. Whether it is developing innovative technology or contributing to groundbreaking research projects, studying on the PR list courses in Australia opens doors to exciting prospects both during and after one’s educational journey Down Under.
List of PR Courses in Australia 2023
Most overseas students intend to remain in Australia permanently after receiving their degrees because they find it to be a secure, friendly, and encouraging environment to live and study. In order to do so, these students must first apply for an Australian Student Visa if they plan on living, studying, and working in the country. As the year 2023 approaches, many international students may wonder which courses or professions are eligible for Permanent Residency (PR) in Australia. To shed some light on this matter, here is a list of 37 courses or professions that can potentially lead to PR status in Australia:
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- ICT Support Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Minning Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Software Tester
- Systems Analyst
- Finance Managers
- Budget Analyst
- Primary teacher
- University Lecturer
- Vocational Education Teacher
- Nurse (Paediatrics)
- General Mechanic
- Motor Mechanic
- Motorcycle Mechanic
- Hotel Management
- Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Masters of Social Work
- Bachelor of Oral Health (BOralH)
- Bachelor of Dental Science (BDSc)
- Construction Project Manager
- Building Inspector
- Construction Estimator
- Bakery and Chef courses
- BSc/MSc Psychology
International students who aspire to remain in Australia after completing their higher education must meet certain requirements.
- One of these prerequisites is finishing a course from the PR list courses in Australia, which allows them to apply for the Graduate Temporary Visa (subclass 485).
- These PR courses have a minimum duration of two years and need to be registered with CRICOS.
- Additionally, applicants must obtain a minimum IELTS score of 8.0, ensuring their proficiency in English language skills.
- Furthermore, it is necessary for the ANZSCO job list to encompass the professions that the student intends to pursue post-graduation.
- The IELTS overall band score of 8.0 plays a crucial role as it enables Australian authorities to assess whether candidates have a strong command over English and are unlikely to face any language-related challenges while residing in Australia.
Best Career Fields in Australia to get PR
Most students who are interested in studying abroad have a clear goal in mind: to secure jobs and permanent residency in their host countries.
When it comes to Australia, there are several career fields that stand out as top choices for those seeking PR (Permanent Residency) status:
- Computer and Information Technology
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Education and Teaching
For overseas applicants, Australia offers a variety of engineering programmes in various career fields to get Permanent Residency (PR). Every year, there is a significant shortage of engineers in the nation due to large-scale recruiting in the manufacturing, power, energy, construction, and other industries. This means that obtaining an engineering degree from Australia not only provides you with excellent educational opportunities but also opens doors to a wide range of job prospects. Whether your passion lies in civil engineering for infrastructure development or mechanical engineering for innovative manufacturing processes, studying engineering in Australia can give you access to fulfilling careers that can ultimately lead to PR. With its booming economy and emphasis on technological advancements, pursuing an engineering degree in Australia sets the stage for success and long-term professional growth.
Top Universities to Study Engineering in Australia
- The University of Melbourne – Melbourne School of Engineering
- The University of New South Wales (UNSW) – Faculty of Engineering
- The University of Sydney – Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies
- The University of Queensland (UQ) – School of Mechanical and Mining Engineering
- Monash University – Faculty of Engineering
- Australian National University (ANU) – College of Engineering and Computer Science
- The University of Western Australia (UWA) – Faculty of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences
- University of Technology Sydney (UTS) – Faculty of Engineering and IT
- RMIT University – School of Engineering.
- The University of Adelaide – School of Civil, Environmental, and Mining Engineering
Accounting, one of the most sought-after career fields in Australia to get permanent residency (PR), offers a myriad of opportunities for individuals with an aptitude for numbers and financial acumen. This diverse profession encompasses various roles such as Financial Accountant, Tax Consultant, Auditing Specialist, and Management Accountant. A career in accounting not only serves as a gateway to PR but also provides stability and growth potential. Aspiring accountants can choose from numerous pathways including public accounting firms, corporate finance departments, or even starting their own consulting practice. With the ever-evolving nature of the field due to technological advancements like automation and data analytics, accountants are continuously adapting their skills to remain relevant and competitive in today’s dynamic business landscape. The demand for qualified professionals is high across industries ranging from banking and finance to government sectors, offering ample opportunities for international students planning a long-term future in Australia through PR attainment.
Top Universities to Study Accountingin Australia
- The University of New South Wales (UNSW) – UNSW Business School
- The University of Sydney – The University of Sydney Business School
- The University of Melbourne – Melbourne Business School
- The Australian National University (ANU) – ANU College of Business and Economics
- Monash University – Monash Business School
- The University of Queensland (UQ) – UQ Business School
- University of Technology Sydney (UTS) – UTS Business School
- The University of Western Australia (UWA) – UWA Business School
- RMIT University – RMIT Business School.
- The University of Adelaide – Adelaide Business School
Computer and Information Technology
Computer and Information Technology offer a wide range of career fields in Australia to get Permanent Residency (PR). In this rapidly evolving digital age, these professions have become essential for businesses and individuals alike. From software development to cybersecurity, the opportunities are vast and promising. One popular career field is computer programming, where professionals write code that powers applications and websites. Another thriving area is data science, which involves analyzing large datasets to extract valuable insights.
As a result, IT project management plays a crucial role in overseeing technology projects from inception to completion. For those with an inclination towards creativity, user experience design offers an exciting path involving crafting intuitive interfaces for seamless interaction between humans and machines. Moreover, network engineering ensures smooth connectivity by designing and managing complex computer networks. Cybersecurity specialists protect sensitive information from malicious threats through robust defense mechanisms. Overall, pursuing a career in Computer and Information Technology not only provides excellent PR prospects but also allows individuals to contribute significantly to the ever-expanding digital landscape of Australia.
Top Universities to Study Computer and Information Technologyin Australia
- The University of Melbourne – School of Computing and Information Systems
- The University of New South Wales (UNSW) – School of Computer Science and Engineering
- The University of Sydney – School of Computer Science
- The Australian National University (ANU) – ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Monash University – Faculty of Information Technology
- The University of Queensland (UQ) – School of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering
- University of Technology Sydney (UTS) – School of Computer Science
- RMIT University – School of Science (Computer Science and Information Technology)
- Deakin University – School of Information Technology
- Queensland University of Technology (QUT) – School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Nursing and Midwifery
Nursing and Midwifery are highly sought-after career fields in Australia to get permanent residency (PR). These professions not only offer a rewarding and fulfilling job, but they also provide excellent opportunities for individuals who desire to settle down in this vibrant country. Nursing involves the provision of patient care, administering medications, monitoring vital signs, and collaborating with healthcare teams to ensure optimal outcomes. On the other hand, midwifery focuses on providing comprehensive reproductive health services and supporting women throughout their pregnancy journey. With Australia’s aging population and increasing demand for quality healthcare services, qualified nurses and midwives are in high demand across various healthcare settings such as hospitals, clinics, community centers, and even rural areas. Furthermore, these professions offer competitive salaries along with numerous benefits including work-life balance options, professional development opportunities, access to advanced technology and research facilities. Pursuing a career in nursing or midwifery not only opens doors for PR but also allows individuals to make a positive impact on people’s lives while experiencing the beauty of Australia firsthand.
Top Universities to Study Nursing in Australia
- The University of Sydney – Sydney Nursing School
- The University of Melbourne – Melbourne School of Health Sciences
- Monash University – School of Nursing and Midwifery
- The University of Queensland (UQ) – School of Nursing, Midwifery, and Social Work
- The University of Adelaide – Adelaide Nursing School
- Deakin University – Deakin Nursing and Midwifery
- Queensland University of Technology (QUT) – School of Nursing
- Griffith University – School of Nursing and Midwifery
- The University of Technology Sydney (UTS) – Graduate School of Health
- Australian Catholic University (ACU) – School of Nursing, Midwifery, and Paramedicine
Education and Teaching
Career Fields in Australia to get PR encompass a wide range of options, with education and teaching being one of the most sought-after paths. In this field, individuals have the opportunity to make a profound impact on young minds while also advancing their own professional growth. Education and teaching provide a platform for instilling knowledge, nurturing creativity, and shaping future generations. From early childhood educators who lay the foundation for learning to specialized instructors guiding students in various subjects, this career field offers diverse avenues for personal development. Moreover, as Australia places great emphasis on quality education, professionals in this domain are highly valued across the country’s educational institutions. With its comprehensive curriculum frameworks and innovative teaching methodologies, pursuing a career in education not only ensures job security but also opens doors to permanent residency opportunities within Australia’s immigration system.
Top Universities to Study Teaching in Australia
- The University of Sydney – Sydney School of Education and Social Work
- The University of Melbourne – Melbourne Graduate School of Education
- Australian National University (ANU) – ANU College of Education and the Arts
- The University of Queensland (UQ) – School of Education
- Monash University – Faculty of Education
- University of Technology Sydney (UTS) – UTS School of Education
- The University of Western Australia (UWA) – Graduate School of Education
- Deakin University – School of Education
- University of South Australia (UniSA) – School of Education
- Queensland University of Technology (QUT) – School of Teacher Education and Leadership
Benefits of PR Courses in Australia
PR courses in Australia offer numerous advantages for aspiring professionals looking to pursue a career in public relations. Firstly, these courses provide comprehensive knowledge and practical skills necessary to excel in the industry.
From understanding media relations to developing effective communication strategies, students gain a deep understanding of the principles that drive successful PR campaigns. Moreover, these courses often include internships or work placements, which allow learners to apply their theoretical learning in real-world settings and establish essential connections within the industry.
Another benefit is that PR programs in Australia are taught by experienced practitioners who bring valuable insights from their own professional experiences into the classroom, ensuring students receive relevant and up-to-date knowledge.
Furthermore, studying PR courses in Australia provides an excellent opportunity for international students as it allows them to explore cultural diversity while gaining a global perspective on public relations practices. Ultimately, opting for PR courses in Australia equips individuals with the necessary expertise and experience needed to thrive professionally within this dynamic field.
PR Eligible Courses in Australia offer a multitude of advantages for international students seeking long-term prospects. With the aim of obtaining Permanent Residency (PR), these courses provide an excellent pathway to job opportunities and career growth within the country. By enrolling in PR Eligible Courses, individuals can enhance their chances of securing skilled occupations that are highly sought after by Australian employers. These courses also enable students to gain valuable work experience through internships and industry placements, further enhancing their employability upon graduation. Moreover, PR Eligible Courses often incorporate practical training and real-world scenarios, equipping students with relevant skills and knowledge required for success in their chosen fields. This comprehensive approach ensures that graduates possess the aptitude to contribute meaningfully to the Australian workforce while adapting seamlessly to its dynamic environment. Additionally, opting for such courses increases one’s eligibility for various government-sponsored visas designed specifically for skilled migrants who wish to establish themselves permanently in Australia – a nation known for its thriving economy and high standard of living. In conclusion, choosing PR Eligible Courses in Australia is a smart decision that opens doors to rewarding career opportunities as well as potentially paving the way towards permanent residency Down Under.