Education Embassy Logo

Everything you need to know about the Fiance Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300)

Everything you need to know about the Fiance Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300)

What does the visa allow you to do?With this visa, the people can come to Australia to marry their fiance. Once the visa is granted, you need to marry and then apply for the Partner visa (Subclass 820 and 821) before the Prospective Marriage visa expires.For a better understanding of what you need to and how to apply, you should contact our Migration Agents in Brisbane.Who is eligible to apply for the visa?The eligibility to apply for the visa depends on:
  • Planning to get married
  • Age must be at least 18 years
  • Have met and known your prospective spouse
  • Fulfill the health and character requirements
The main purpose of this visa is to allow the fiance of a permanent resident or citizen of Australia to travel to Australia so that they can get married. The couple needs to get married within 9 months from the date the visa is granted.How much does the visa cost?From AUD 7,000.What are the visa requirements?Relationship
  • Age must be 18 years old, and not closely related
  • Can get married to one another easily
  • Planning to get married within 9 months from the date visa is granted.
  • Physically met and have known each other
  • The genuine intention of living and staying as a couple.
  • Australian permanent resident, citizen, or eligible New Zealand citizen
  • In the past not sponsored more than one other partner, fiancĂ©, or spouse for migration, and even within the last 5 years have not sponsored a fiancĂ©, spouse or partner for migration to Australia
  • Fulfilling the police check whenever asked for
In case there is any criminal history and the case is not solved then the visa will not be granted. Make sure you talk to the migration agent as he will guide you in detail what you should be to get the visa on time.Application processThe application is lodged with the DOHA. The main requirement that you should fulfill the above-mentioned process to apply.Validity of the visa9 MonthsYou need to be outside Australia when you apply and when the visa is granted. The marriage needs to take place within 9 months which can be in Australia or overseas.After that apply for the Partner visaOnce you enter Australia and the marriage takes place you can apply for the Partner visa. The main requirement for the Partner visa includes:
  • The relationship should be genuine.
  • The couple should be in a mutually exclusive relationship
  • The couple needs to live together as a couple or live apart for a temporary time.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Request a call back