Education Embassy Logo

Everything you need to know about the 491 Family-Sponsored Visa in Australia

Everything you need to know about the 491 Family-Sponsored Visa in Australia

491 Family Sponsored Visa This visa type is a common visa for family-sponsored visas. This visa is an open 5-year work visa that helps to open the pathway for Australian permanent residency. However, this visa type has few issues linked with it that are:
  • Each year, this visa type is issued in low numbers. Also, it takes time to obtain them.
  • Your relative must be living in the regional area. In case, the family member is living in a major city then they are not allowed to sponsor the visa.
  • The applicant applying for the visa needs to pass the skill assessment in the specific occupation mentioned on the MLTSSL.
If you are thinking of applying for the visa then make sure to get in touch with the migration agents in Brisbane so that you get the visa on time and fulfill all the requirements linked to it. What are the essential visa requirements? Eligible Sponsor
  • 18 years or older.
  • The resident should be staying in the designated area of Australia.
  • He should be an Australian permanent resident, eligible New Zealand citizen, or Australian citizen.
  • You should be or your partner’s eligible relative.
491 Visa Requirements
  • The applicant’s age should be between 18 to 45 years old.
  • The applicant should have a positive skills assessment for the occupation included in the MLTSSL.
  • Meeting the character and health requirements.
  • In the skilled migration, points test the applicant needs to score a minimum of 65 points.
  • The applicant needs to have an approved passport or they need to score a minimum of 6 bands in IELTS.
491 Family Sponsored Stream Given below are the steps which you need to consider before making the invitation to apply for the 491 visas:
  • Family member
One of your eligible members needs to be living in the regional area.
  • Skill assessment
In the MLTSSL list, you need to pass the skill assessment for the relevant occupation.
  • Required points
The applicant needs to submit the EOI (Expression of Interest). To get the invitation you need to get at least 90 to 95 points.
  • Receive Invitation
Once you receive the invitation, you need to use an immi account to apply for the visa. A limited number of visas available With this visa option, the demand is extremely high, and you need to get at least 90 to 95 points. Just make sure when you are applying for the visa, get in touch with a migration agent. Other Family-Sponsored Visas Parent Visa If your parents are from some other country while you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident, then you can sponsor the parent’s visa so that you get to live in Australia. However, to get the results for this visa it takes time, and its cost is also high. Partner Visa If you have a de facto partner who is an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident then you can get benefits by applying for the partner visa.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Request a call back