The Australian permanent residency visas of the 186 visa and 187 visas are quite similar as they both require employer sponsorship. However, one should not get confused between the two as they have many differences. One should take the help of a Registered Migration Agent before making the choice. Migration Agents in Brisbane will help you in clarifying the differences.
Direct Entry streamThis 186 visa lets the skilled workers nominated by an employer, work in Australia permanently. It has certain conditions though –
- They must be nominated by an Australian employer
- Their occupation must be included in the list of eligible skilled occupations.
- They must have competent skills in English
- The migrant can stay permanently after getting this visa.
- The cost of this visa amounts to AUD 4,045
- Processing Time usually takes 1 year -19 months.
Direct entry stream
- This visa also lets skilled worker nominated by an employer, to live and work in Australia permanently.
- You will have to meet the following criteria for this visa :
- You must have the nomination by an Australian employer
- You must be willing to work in regional Australia
- Your occupation must be included in the list of eligible skilled occupations
- You must have competent skills in the English language
- The applicant can stay permanently on this visa. The cost amounts to AUD4,045
- The processing time takes 20-25 months.